This blog explores why digital contract signing is a must-have feature in an employee onboarding solution and how it makes onboarding easier and more efficient.
In the world of employee onboarding, paper contracts are like outdated encyclopaedias taking up valuable shelf space. They’re cumbersome, time-consuming, and, let’s face it, nobody wants to deal with them anymore. Just like the power of the internet has replaced encyclopaedias, paper contracts are being replaced by digital contracts.
In this blog, we’ll dive into the essential role of digital contract signing in streamlining the employee onboarding process. From making it easier for new hires to sign contracts remotely to increasing efficiency for HR teams, digital contract signing is a must-have feature in modern employee onboarding solutions. So grab your tablet because we’re going paperless and embracing the future of onboarding.
What is digital contract signing?
Digital contract signing is signing documents electronically rather than a handwritten signature. They are captured using encrypted and secure electronic methods, once initiated by a mouse or stylus to check a box that confirms the employee has signed a contract. Digital signatures are created using a unique identifier, such as a password or biometric data, which ensures that the signer’s identity is verified and the document is tamper-proof.
Why is digital contract signing a must-have feature in an employee onboarding solution?
1. Efficiency: Digital contract signing makes the onboarding process more efficient by eliminating the need for paper-based documents, which can be time-consuming to process and manage. Instead, electronic documents can be accessed, signed, and stored quickly and easily, reducing the time and effort required to onboard new employees.
2. Cost-saving: Digital contract signing reduces the costs of paper-based onboarding, such as printing, postage, and storage. By eliminating these costs, companies can save money and allocate resources to other areas of their business.
3. Improved accuracy: Digital contract signing eliminates the possibility of errors and inconsistencies with paper-based documents. Electronic documents can be edited and updated quickly, ensuring they are accurate and up-to-date.
4. Compliance: Digital contract signing helps companies comply with regulatory requirements, such as Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (“ETA”) and its implementing regulations, the Electronic Transactions Regulations 2020 (“ETR”), which recognise digital signatures as legally binding.
5. Security: Digital contract signing provides a secure and encrypted method of signing documents, reducing the risk of fraud, identity theft, and unauthorised access.
6. Eco-friendly: Electronic signatures reduce the need for paper, which is better for the environment. This aligns with the growing trend towards sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
How Wrkr READY’s digital contract signing makes onboarding easier and more efficient
1. Accessibility: With Wrkr Ready’s onboarding portal, new employees can access and sign documents from anywhere, anytime, using a computer or mobile device. This makes it easier for employees who work remotely or who are located in different time zones.
2. Simplified process: Wrkr Ready streamlines the onboarding process by eliminating paperwork and reducing the time and effort required to complete the process.
3. Automated reminders: Wrkr Ready can send automated reminders to new employees who still need to sign documents, reducing the risk of delays and ensuring the onboarding is completed on time.
4. Centralised storage: Wrkr Ready provides a centralised location for storing and accessing electronic documents, making managing and organising employee records easier.
With the increasing need for remote onboarding and virtual communication, the importance of digital contract signing in the onboarding process cannot be overstated. It is like replacing outdated encyclopaedias with a lightning-fast search engine that provides instant access to the most up-to-date information.
By adopting digital contract signing, companies can streamline their onboarding processes, eliminate unnecessary paperwork, and ultimately provide a smoother and more efficient experience for new employees and HR staff. So, let us leave behind the outdated ways of the past and embrace digital solutions like Wrkr Ready. Book a free demo today!